Elvin's Barber Shop is an authentic Dominican old-school Barbershop in the heart of New York's Upper West Side and was established in 2010. Using straight blade razors, they shave & shape any style and cut all hair types.
Before getting in touch with (re)packaged, owner Elvin Ureña wanted to boost his Barbershop's business and continue to provide a great experience to his customers. At the time, the following challenges were identified:
- The business' website was unfinished, non-responsive to mobile devices, slow to load, unsecured, and without a clear call-to-action for its visitors.
- Appointments were handled by a different booking system which required customers to use a mobile application.
- The business paid for unnecessary technologies that were neither used nor leveraged to their full potential.
Elvin wanted this situation to change.
After a round of introduction calls, Elvin and agency (re)repackaged have established a working relationship where business needs and requirements were stated and understood. We then set up an operating schedule to address all the above challenges. Throughout the process, we kept an open line of communication with standing calls to review progress and answer questions. (re)packaged was able to do the following:
- Design and launch a professional-looking, secure, and responsive website with a clean design that fits the business's personality.
- Describe transparent Services offered by the business and drive visitors to make appointments.
- Set up and deployed a new booking system with an effortless experience for customers to manage their appointments. Email and Text messages are automatically sent to inform and remind customers about their upcoming appointments.
- Instagram account linking to the website to increase customer engagement
- Google Business linking to the website to optimize local search, increase bookings, and generate barbershop foot traffic.
- Deploy analytics technology to measure website performance and identify new opportunities for the business.
"Working with Mathieu from (re)packaged has been one of the smoothest experiences I've had with an outsourced digital experience agency." Elvin Ureña
Since launching the new website and booking system, Elvin's Barber Shop has seen the following improvements:
- Faster website load time and interactivity by 75%
- Website cleaner than 60% of pages tested (digital sustainability).
- 47% of traffic is direct (existing customer base).
- 42% of traffic generated through optimized organic search (Google Business).
- 10% of traffic generated by organic social media (Instagram)
- 50% increase in bookings and revenue for some of the barbers.
- Decrease in appointment cancellations due to automated email and text reminders.